1. The Gfinity websites at gfinityplc.com and gfinityplc.com (the “Websites”) are online information Websites that we own and operate. The Websites provide information about us and our other Websites.
- If you are under the age of 13, you must not use the Websites.
- If a minor has provided us with personal information, this information may be deleted without further notice.
3. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
1. We may ask you for, or you may submit, personal and non-personal information and data to us when you use the Websites. This could include:
- your browsing and log data collected by Google advertising cookies and other technical means that we may employ to recognise your device when you visit the Websites.
- your name, address, gender and age.
- your username and password.
- your email address.
- your phone number.
- any content you submit to the Websites (“Your Content”), such as comments, marketing preferences or responses to surveys.
2. You will not:
- hack, modify, reverse engineer or create derivative works of the Websites or any part of any of them;
- gain unauthorised access to any part of any of the Websites;
- remove, modify or obscure any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices on any of the Websites;
- create software which replicates or mimics the data or functionality in any of the Websites;
- use your access to the Websites for the sending of direct marketing;
- copy or exploit any part of any of the Websites or the content it contains;
- use the Websites or any part of any of them unfairly or for any illegal or immoral purpose; or
- attempt to do any of the acts listed above.
4. USES OF DATA
1. We use data for the following purposes:
- Usage Data: to learn about how the Websites are being used by analysing user trends and preferences, to improve the quality and design of our Websites, to understand which features are being used and to understand which potential new features, advertising campaigns or are likely to interest our user base.
- Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers: to conduct analytics on your visit to the Websites, including by recording and analysing user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data. This information may be used in order to enable the remarketing of users and may be shared with Google.
2. We may in future use data for the following purposes:
- Name, address: to enable you to register and manage an account.
- Gender, age: to provide features and content which are better suited to you.
- Username, password: to administer your user account.
- Your Content: to process and make available Your Content to the Websites, to market to you and to determine your interests in products and Websites or general consumer trends.
- Phone number: to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity or to provide other Gfinity services with your consent (such as text message notifications).
3. Information submitted to the Websites may also be used to:
- enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- enable our compliance with any agreements entered into between us;
- enable your use of the Websites and associated Websites;
- understand how the Websites are being used;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable Websites; and
- generally run and improve the Websites.
4. Be aware that some of Your Content may be made public. Please be careful when determining what of Your Content to submit and only submit Your Content if you are happy for it to be read by others.
5. DATA SHARING
1. We may disclose personal information about you to other members of our group of companies or to trusted third parties (both inside and outside of the European Economic Area):
- for marketing purposes; and
- to enable us to receive Websites which help us operate the Websites.
2. Your personal information may also be disclosed:
- if we sell any businesses or assets;
- with a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk; and
- if we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order; if it is necessary to enforce any of our terms and conditions or any other agreements to which we are a party; if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or Website users.
3. You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to such overseas entities.
6. MANAGEMENT OF DATA
- We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Websites. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
- We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the Websites. Cookies are small computer files which the Website may store and/or access in your internet browser, enabling information to be transmitted to and from your device and the Website. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google, Facebook, or providers of advertising Websites.
- Cookies enable us to record anonymous information about you, including: the type of internet browser or device you use to access the Website, your device operating system, the websites you visited before visiting the Website, the areas of the Website you visit and your IP address (which can provide information about your approximate geographic location). Cookies cannot be used to disclose your individual identity.
- learn about how the Websites are being used and which types of individuals are using the Websites;
- record and report user profile, behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data;
- record which other websites have referred users to the Websites;
- optimise the Websites and improve our Websites;
- make it easier for you to fill in forms on the Websites and remember the information you have submitted to the form;
- enable the Websites to remember your preferences;
- enable aspects of the Websites to be customised; and
- provide relevant advertising.
9. DATA RETENTION
- We give you a choice of whether or not you want us or other companies to contact you about offers, events, products and Websites that may interested you.
- We might send you marketing emails about products or Websites which are similar to or related to the Websites, or contact you by email with information about the Websites. We will not send you any other marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
- We may use notification Websites on your device, or enabled by your operating system, to inform you of incoming phone calls, messages or other communications. If you do not want to receive these notifications, you able to manage how notifications operate by using the Websites or device settings.
- In some cases, notifications are enabled by third party providers. Those third party providers may therefore receive information about how you are using the Websites. This information should be used by third party providers in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- If you provide information about a friend/colleague of yours as part of a referral of that friend/colleague to us, we will send your friend/colleague a single email about the Websites and we will store their personal information to the minimum extent necessary. When you provide us with your friend’s/colleague’s information, you are confirming that you have their consent to this use of their information. We will tell your friend/colleague that you provided their details when we contact them.
- If you follow a link from the Websites to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them.
- All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours. In accordance with applicable data protection law, you have a right to access, rectify and remove any of your data which are inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. You may exercise this right by contacting [email protected] or write to us at the address below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee at our standard rate for any requests for copies of personal data held by us.